Popular Posts

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Out My Window-Mazen

      Good afternoon, everyone. My name is Kim Dong-won. We have our major essay which is about 'Out my window' Our class chose the character from this site. Therefore, today I am  going to write about Mazen who lives in Beirut, Lebanon. I am going to compare his life and my life by this essay.I haven't been to Lebanon but, after visiting this site I thought that this country might be exciting to compare with my nation. First, I will talk about the environment. Then I will compare Lebanon and Korea.
      First, it is environment. Mazen says that in 2006, there was a war between Israel and Lebanon.  The war has continued for 33 days. About 1,000 people died by that war. While the war started Mazen stood up on his highrise balcony and recorded the sounds of bombing with his trumpet for 10 hours. I think we did that because he hated the war and wanted to stop war by making people hate the war with his improvised music about bombing sound. I said he lives in Beirut , Lebanon. South Lebanon's building was destructed. If the war had continued for 33 days it is really long time to have a war. I am from Busan. These days South Korea has many reflictions with North Korea. I am afraid to have war. I can understand him a little bit but not all. Anyway, I think the war is not good at all. May be he has mental problem by the war so that we recorded the sound of bomb with his trumpet. However, in our town people doesn't care about the war. Even they hear the news about refliction between South Korea and North Korea, they just say "Oh, that's terrible." And after one day later, they don't care about what happened the day before. I hope our town changes that mind. Also, around him, I think it is messed up I think. Because it hasn't passed a lot. But in my town, we don't worry about the wars. So I am kind of worried about them. I wonder how their behavior going to be change.
 Let's talk about Korea and Lebanon. Korea also had a war with North Korea in 1950. However, they are not having war now. Lebanon had a war with Israel in 2006. 1000 people were dead. In the Asian country like Israel, Palestine, or Lebanon are having war now. Korea is also not having good relationship with North Korea now. I am not sure that I understand all of the feeling that  Mazen has but I can understand kind of them. I hope the war doesn't occur. May be Maze is kind of shocked. Korea is now growing up to the strong country in many many ways. I am eally proud of Korea now. If Mazen finds out the good things in Lebanon, he might be happy wit his country. The diffrence between Korea and Lebanon is the war. Korea had war in the past but not now while Lebanon had a war recently. Fortunately, there are similarities between Korea and Lebanon. When I visited the site named 'Out My Window' the picture showed me that Beirut is a big city in Lebanon as Busan.There were many people and big city. Also it looked like it was kind of busy. Many of the buildings were destructed by the war wth Lebanon. I hope the war doesn't occur and liv peacefully together. And this was the end of the writing about Lebanon and Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment